Friday, 28 March 2014
Evaluation 2- How does your media product represent particular social groups?
How does your media product represent particular social groups?
In my magazine cover, contents page
and 2 page spread, I tried to show different features when creating the
magazine to make it represent my target social group with is teenagers and
above. On my 2 page spread, I have an image of one of the artists in my
magazine who is the main feature of the magazine. This image includes a snap
back hat to show the coolness side of the artist. Also, I made it look like he
was at a music festival and he was about to go out on stage. I made him wear
casual clothes as DJ artists wear them when they’re performing. This indicates
the teenage look as they wear casual clothing most of their childhood. I think
this style reflects the style of my target audience and so the magazine
represents their social group. Costume has a big part in my magazine. I had
made a feature in my magazine that there was a music awards in my magazine. I
had used pictures I had taken of my mates in their suits. I had used these
images for the music awards in my magazine. The reason I used this was that
schools have end of year proms for students leaving school and they like to
dress in a smart way with the shoes and tie etc. So this is why I used these as
teenagers like to dress this way on special occasions. I feel that my images
set a teenage look on my contents page as there is a big picture of lads
dressed in the smart way. This represents the teenage look on special
occasions. Also, my magazine has a happy feeling towards my images and with the
people on the images smiling indicates the happy feeling towards my magazine. The
main reasons used these images is that music awards are common throughout each
year and I wanted to do something different to what everyone else did in my
class. To some extent, I think that this idea can link in with the audience and
social groups in which I have done my magazine for. This is because music can
be a big thing in a teenager’s childhood and music awards can get really
exciting for them in their childhood as they want to see their favourite bands
or artists win big awards so this is why I have done this in my magazine.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment