Title of Magazine
In my music magazine cover, contents page and two page
spread, I wanted to grab the audience’s attention by making it look as
professional as I could. I came up with
the name ‘ElectroMag’ for the masthead of my magazine cover. I came up with
this name for the masthead because the genre of my magazine is Electro House
and I wanted to merge the genre into my masthead by using the word ‘Electro’.
From some of my research I did, I learnt that the names of the magazines I
researched are names that aren’t merged with the genre of the magazine. I
wanted to do something different with my masthead and merge it with the genre
of the magazine. This is my masthead
compared to the ‘Vibe’ magazines masthead. As you can see, mine is a lot
plainer than the Vibe masthead. I wanted my masthead to fit in with the dark
background without all the edits and shades in my masthead. The white font
colour would hopefully be the first thing my target audience would see in my
magazine. This is because the white font colour is bright and it goes with the
dark background colours. Also, my masthead font doesn’t look extreme, as it
would like on the ‘Kerrang’ magazine masthead. This is because the genre of my
magazine isn’t very extreme compared to the genres heavy metal etc. my genre
has the chillness and the relaxed way you would want to feel when listening to
the music from my genre. This is why I have used the basic font and the colours
etc. In the Kerrang magazine, the heads of the artist are covering the title.
This looked very appealing to me. This is an example of that the producer of
the magazine wants to let their target audience know that he is the main
feature of the magazine. This is why I did this in my magazine so I could let
my target audience know that the people in my magazine cover are the main
feature in the magazine.
Images in the
Magazine
The images in my magazine are all basically around the same
thing. I had an idea of having a music awards section in my magazine, which I
put into my contents page. I used pictures I already had taken of people I knew
in suits and smart clothes. This made it look like a music awards because
people where smart clothes on occasions like this so this in my mind was a very
good idea to think of. This represented that this addition of the magazine I
made would be a big one. I made it look like the awards was a big thing in the
world of music so I used various pictures of this. Also the main feature of my
magazine I had a picture from this music awards of the person who was the main
feature of my magazine.
Mise-en-scene
In my magazine, the background in my magazine cover was
black from the top and fading into a grey colour from the bottom. I used this
because I didn’t want the background of my front cover to have a plain background.
The grey at the bottom suggests for me that if the colours are getting lighter
the happiness of the magazine when I links to the music and genre. In the
contents page, I have used the colours red and black mostly. I have used these
colours because I think that they go with the white background I had. The black
around the sides and the red at the bottom shows the edges of the page itself.
These colours go well together and I tried to make it look as professional as I
could so I could compare it to other music magazines. I did the same with my
two-page spread. I did this because I yet again had a white background and I
felt that the colours red and black would go well with this. My text I had
written and pictures go well with this to make it look as professional as I
could.



No comments:
Post a Comment